Choogah's VERY Interesting Day
It was past 9 at the office, I was left alone with my God—my Father--who was gently nudging me into a conversation about how my day went.
I said, Lord, “I had a VERY interesting day.”
This morning, I just found out that two of my good friends had a falling out with each other because of a major misunderstanding that had developed right under their noses. When we met today, I couldn’t bring myself to take sides, noting that both had faults that they were pointing out to each other—and all this was happening in the hallway right at the entrance of our office on the ninth floor.
I felt helpless because I wasn’t even involved. I constantly reminded myself that I was just there to mediate (some mediator I turned out to be) or rather, witness their emotionally charged conversation. As both their friend, I had to make sure they both knew I was there for them, albeit as useless as a wallpaper.
Imagine being a part of a scene you’re not really part of. But I had to stand up for both of my friends. I was saying to myself, I will not be ashamed. If this is where it happens then this is where it happens. All the while I was being amused by the whole scenario of people passing by—some going to the restrooms and some going out to get coffee—whispering quietly in their heads “What the heck are those three talking about?”
I hate it when relationships go bad. Again, I begin to think that small confrontations are better than a setting up a huge time bomb of regret (Joseph G., I realize now that you were actually right). Even I sometimes say that I don’t need to talk about it because it’s just a small matter. Sometimes, I can’t help it when things are left hanging. Most of the time, it is easier to leave it that way. But God gently reminded me that I should not let the sun go down on my anger because it’s a breeding ground for bitterness and resentment. I could only suspect that this fall-out between my friends was a result of too many bleeding sunsets.
After a few hours, the offices on our building floor began to close and another friend came to me and talked about both of our frustrations about work. Since this is a relatively safe blog, I’ll just have to keep the conversation private (don’t you know you could get fired for blogging stuff about work?) and say that our backs were (literally) on the wall—on the very same hallway my two friends and I met earlier. And for the second time, people passed by, glance and begin to wonder, “Are you the same guy I saw earlier?”
Yes, it’s me, I almost reply to the non-verbal bewilderment of passers-by.
Ahh. Raw frustration oozing out of my ears. I could almost feel it drip to the floor and eat through it like acid. Well, it was really the kind of pep talk that we had already been “pepped” about. All we could really do was stand up, do the right thing and fight for each other (and for those we lead). Man, I hope I could do that tomorrow.
I had to do some overtime and I really felt drained with all the drama swimming through my mind. So, as the last of the Anino Entertainers went home and left me alone with my God, I just poured out my heart to Him.
Most of my friends would consider me jolly and easy-going. What most of them don’t realize is that despite my relaxed outlook in life, I also get bogged down by problems (or is it only now that I’m beginning to take responsibility and grow up?). I get frustrated because I have no control over these problems. So I got down on my knees and worshipped the One who has. Sweet surrender.
Weeping and worshipping at the office alone is not new to me. But sharing about it in this blog is. Sounds crazy? Maybe. But you know what? Days like these amaze me. For such grace is there that my Heavenly Father provides. I am just blessed that He is God. He is My God and I love Him. I received such strong assurance today and would like to share it with those who read this now—I pray that the Peace of Jesus Christ enfold you during such times.
I said, Lord, “I had a VERY interesting day.”
This morning, I just found out that two of my good friends had a falling out with each other because of a major misunderstanding that had developed right under their noses. When we met today, I couldn’t bring myself to take sides, noting that both had faults that they were pointing out to each other—and all this was happening in the hallway right at the entrance of our office on the ninth floor.
I felt helpless because I wasn’t even involved. I constantly reminded myself that I was just there to mediate (some mediator I turned out to be) or rather, witness their emotionally charged conversation. As both their friend, I had to make sure they both knew I was there for them, albeit as useless as a wallpaper.
Imagine being a part of a scene you’re not really part of. But I had to stand up for both of my friends. I was saying to myself, I will not be ashamed. If this is where it happens then this is where it happens. All the while I was being amused by the whole scenario of people passing by—some going to the restrooms and some going out to get coffee—whispering quietly in their heads “What the heck are those three talking about?”
I hate it when relationships go bad. Again, I begin to think that small confrontations are better than a setting up a huge time bomb of regret (Joseph G., I realize now that you were actually right). Even I sometimes say that I don’t need to talk about it because it’s just a small matter. Sometimes, I can’t help it when things are left hanging. Most of the time, it is easier to leave it that way. But God gently reminded me that I should not let the sun go down on my anger because it’s a breeding ground for bitterness and resentment. I could only suspect that this fall-out between my friends was a result of too many bleeding sunsets.
After a few hours, the offices on our building floor began to close and another friend came to me and talked about both of our frustrations about work. Since this is a relatively safe blog, I’ll just have to keep the conversation private (don’t you know you could get fired for blogging stuff about work?) and say that our backs were (literally) on the wall—on the very same hallway my two friends and I met earlier. And for the second time, people passed by, glance and begin to wonder, “Are you the same guy I saw earlier?”
Yes, it’s me, I almost reply to the non-verbal bewilderment of passers-by.
Ahh. Raw frustration oozing out of my ears. I could almost feel it drip to the floor and eat through it like acid. Well, it was really the kind of pep talk that we had already been “pepped” about. All we could really do was stand up, do the right thing and fight for each other (and for those we lead). Man, I hope I could do that tomorrow.
I had to do some overtime and I really felt drained with all the drama swimming through my mind. So, as the last of the Anino Entertainers went home and left me alone with my God, I just poured out my heart to Him.
Most of my friends would consider me jolly and easy-going. What most of them don’t realize is that despite my relaxed outlook in life, I also get bogged down by problems (or is it only now that I’m beginning to take responsibility and grow up?). I get frustrated because I have no control over these problems. So I got down on my knees and worshipped the One who has. Sweet surrender.
Weeping and worshipping at the office alone is not new to me. But sharing about it in this blog is. Sounds crazy? Maybe. But you know what? Days like these amaze me. For such grace is there that my Heavenly Father provides. I am just blessed that He is God. He is My God and I love Him. I received such strong assurance today and would like to share it with those who read this now—I pray that the Peace of Jesus Christ enfold you during such times.

2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home