Choogah

Royal Scribe

Sunday, June 26, 2005

A Blog Afterthought

I have to admit that blogging is not an easy habit to maintain for those who have abandoned making journals for long time. Yes, I admit this openly. I am not a faithful "journalist" or blogger or whatever you call it. Add to that the thought of making your thoughts available for other people to see. It's just so intimidating. Oh yeah, I scrawl out a few notes now and then yet honestly, making a blog scares me.

I used to think that writing was fun. But the more I grew older, the more it grew harder to write down what I really wanted to say. I realize that there is a fear associated with communication--this is the fear of not being understood. Also, whenever I write, there is this expectation that people expect wisdom in your words. And with each passing year, that fear increases. Is this strange?

Maybe. But, I'll do it anyway.

"Do or do not, there is no try."

So, to the trashbin with my fears and on to my rantings.
============================================================
I asked the question "DOES GOD EXIST?"

During these years at work my workplace, I have met a agnostics, new agers and people in between who have their own concepts about God. There's one thing I learned when we were getting into discussions about our beliefs: I must understand what their position is, I must listen and be genuinely concerned about what they think.

Here I will go again to gripe about the way how other Christians approach the situation. Some would relentlessly bombard the unbeliever with verse upon verse about how God's Word is infallible this and infallible that. Hello Garci! *duh* You can never win a person by presenting an argument based on what they percieve as flawed evidence.

The more I understood their position, the more it became clear that they won't accept the Bible as the Word of God. Some of us might leave it there and say, "Well that's their choice." Yes it is but we did not present the choice the best that we can. Now, as you might guess, just trying to convince them without establishing the Word of God as the Truth is just a waste of saliva.

In my case, I just made clear what I believe in and prayed to God to help them see the light and help me show it. Last year I watched a television show on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network) that featured Grant Jeffrey, a noted researcher who wrote a book on Creation and how discoveries in every field were debunking Darwin's theory of evolution. I still have to get my hands on that book. But the later part of the show led me to one of my greatest discoveries of last year: www.creationevidence.org

It was late last december when I started research for my book The Tribe of Man (hehe, still in chapter one) and this site opened doors for me. It corrected some of the stuff that I believed in my whole life! Now I realize that I might be going against what I said a blog earlier about accepting the mere word of man as Truth. The things I saw at this site may not be absolute or proven but it might point us in the right direction--to answer some questions we have about God, His existence and the validity of the Scriptures as the very Words of our Creator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home